Turkey And Black Bean Chilli Recipe
I came up with this recipe around Thanksgiving and have made it over a dozen times since. It is a hearty dish, full of vegetables and spices and the smell fills the apartment as it cooks all day. Once you have this recipe down, I suggest keeping extra ingredients in your pantry to make it again. It is a perfect back up to have in your stash on chilly days (pun intended).
What you’ll need:
2 pounds of lean ground Turkey
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of chopped mixed peppers (pick your favorites!)
2 14 ounce. cans diced tomatoes (I use a low sodium brand flavored with garlic, oregano and basil).
1 14 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 14 ounce can of black beans
2 teaspoon of Olive oil
2 tablespoon of Adobo
2 tablespoon of chili powder
2 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of paprika
- Chop your onion and mixed peppers and set them aside.
- Prep the ground meat by cooking it in a large skillet with olive oil and adobo, constantly chopping it with a spatula so that the mean is cooked evenly and looks crumbled when cooked.
- Mix in the chopped onion and peppers once the meat is fully done, cooking in the flavor for 10-15 mins on low. Then place it into your Crockpot.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients with the meat, onion and peppers
- Stir several times before setting the timer on your Crockpot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or Cook on high for 4 hours
Add ons: shredded cheese, low fat sour cream