I visited our local farmer’s market for this week’s inspiration and fell head over heels for the selection of greens. I brought home a bag filled with fresh kale, scallions, parsley and peaches. And after rummaging through my cabinet to find a gluten free Thai peanut sauce I hadn’t tried yet, I decided to try this new recipe. The drumsticks and grilled peach combination is savory and sweet, which is perfect for a summer’s evening.
What you’ll need:
12 large chicken drumsticks
1 cup of chopped scallions
½ cup of chopped parsley
¼ of a yellow onion
1 cup of chopped kale
½ TBSP of cardamom
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
3 TBSP of light brown sugar
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
5 oz. of Gluten free Thai peanut sauce (I used San J International brand
4 tsp of plain Greek yogurt
Coconut oil spray
- Place your drumsticks into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Use a food processor to finely chop your scallions, parsley, onion and kale.
- Sprinkle and rub the chopped greens on the outside and underneath the skin of your chicken.
- In the same food processor bowl, mix your peanut sauce with cardamom, chili powder, paprika, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the seasoned wings and then mix thoroughly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with aluminum foil and let marinate in a refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
- When you’re done marinating your chicken, place the drumsticks into an oven safe dish, laying aluminum foil on both the bottom and top of the dish.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- During the last 15 minutes, remove the aluminum foil to allow the drumsticks to get a crispy finish right before serving.
- Serve warm and drizzle any dropped off sauce on top.
The peaches will only take 2 minutes to cook, so you can wait for your drumsticks to be fully cooked.
- Spray a skillet or grill pan with coconut oil spray.
- Halve and pit your peaches, then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Place them face down on the grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place a tsp of Greek yogurt into the center of the peaches.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.