My husband has asked for meatballs every time I pick his brain for recipe ideas and I finally made them! If you love cheese and meat (who doesn’t?!) this recipe is just for you! It reminds me of warmer weather and backyard barbecues. Throw these meatballs into your favorite sauce and onto a great gluten free roll and make the ultimate meatball sub.
What you’ll need:
2 lbs of lean ground chicken meat
3 tbsp of chicken seasoning
3 tbsp of chopped green onion
1 tsp of garlic and herb seasoning
3 – 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp of bbq sauce
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
1. Dice your mozzarella cheese into cubes and place to the side.
2. Mix the ground chicken with seasoning, onion, pineapple juice and bbq sauce in a large mixing bowl.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 2 – 4 hours.
4. When ready, prep a large skillet with olive oil and begin making your meatballs.
5. Form your meatballs by hand and stick a cube of cheese into each before placing into your skillet.
6. Cook the meatballs at medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm and garnish with parmesan cheese.