Gluten Free Tomato Galette Recipe
Whether its the middle of a heat wave or crisp fall day, a tomato galette is the perfect brunch meal to make on the fly. This savory recipe is easy to make and will leave your guests wanting more.
What you’ll need:
Gluten free pizza crust mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill and only used half of the dough)
1 ½ cups water
2 Tbsp Olive oil
4 varied tomatoes
1 garlic cove
½ tsp of parmesan cheese
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic
¼ cup of polenta
- Follow the directions for making your dough.
- When it’s ready, spread out a mixture of polenta and tapioca flour to roll out the dough on top to the size and shape of your choice.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Thinly slice your tomatoes, sprinkle them with salt and place them into a large bowl. with a paper towel in the bottom to drain for 10-20 minutes.
- When the dough is completely rolled out, brush olive oil into the middle where your filling will lay.
- Place your tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil into the center of the dough.
- Top the filling with a mixture of chopped garlic, salt, parmesan cheese and Mrs. Dash.
- Then, fold over the sides of the dough and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Carefully place the gallete on parchment paper and onto a baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack of your oven.
- Serve warm.