This week I needed a quick dinner recipe to make while my son was down for a nap. I used up the rest of our avocados and kale from last week for an easy, yet filling dish that is full of flavor.
What you’ll need:
1 box of gluten free pasta (I prefer quinoa for the texture)
3 TBSP of olive oil
2 fresh garlic cloves
2 tbsp of Ms. Dash Extra Spicy
½ cup of fresh baby kale
2-3 ripe avocados
3 TBSP of Almond milk
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- While your water heats up, begin adding your sauce ingredients to a food processor.
- You will mix 2 tbsp of olive oil, the avocados, garlic cloves, baby kale, fresh lemon juice (keep the zest for later) and almond milk on low until it becomes a nice, smooth texture.
- When your water is boiled, cook your gluten free pasta for the recommended time (usually no more than 6-7 minutes).
- Drain your pasta and then pour the avocado and kale sauce over top.
- Serve warm and top it with a pinch of black pepper and lemon zest.