This cake is my sweet surrender to some of my favorite pairings of flavor. I could have a love affair with pears alone, but add in spiced apple cider and salted caramel frosting and I’ve found my soul mate.
What you’ll need:
3 eggs (or egg white equivalent)
2 small pears
2 packets of apple cider mix
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of canola oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of water
gluten free vanilla cake mix
salted caramel frosting
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking pan with coconut oil spray.
- Follow directions for Bob’s Red Mill cake mix and start your batter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in apple cider mix, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Then, pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Depending on the size and shape of your pan, place sliced pears on top of the batter OR in a single row (like the photo above).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool completely.
- Then, top it off with salted caramel frosting.