After hiding under the covers for a little longer than I’d like to confess, I got up to make this special breakfast! I gravitated toward a few very ripe peaches and had leftover gluten free bread to make use of. This recipe is easy to put together and is also great to make ahead for brunch the next day.
8 slices of gluten free bread
2 sliced and pitted peaches
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of liquid egg whites
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of butter
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup of gluten free oatmeal
1. Lay your bread flat in a glass baking dish and set aside.
2. Mix your egg whites, milk and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and then pour over your bread.
3. Let sit for an hour (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
4. When you’re ready to bake your french toast, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat a skillet on medium heat with butter.
5. Add your peach slices, honey, cinnamon, brown sugar and oatmeal.
6. Mix and let simmer for 8-10 minutes (it should smell SO good!)
7. Carefully remove from heat and scoop the peach cobbler mix onto your bread.
8. Place into the oven on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
9. Serve warm with syrup and garnish with powdered sugar.