My husband loves eating chicken tenders and dipping them in honey mustard. For this recipe, I stepped it up a notch and used honey mustard flavored gluten-free pretzels to bake chicken tenders with the perfect amount of crunch and flavor!
What you’ll need:
2 Lean Chicken breasts (I bought mine already cut into tenders to save time)
1 cup of egg white substitute
Butter spray for baking pan
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Prep your chicken breast by cleaning, removing any fat and cutting into tenders (if they are not already prepackaged tenders).
- Prep two bowls for coating the chicken: one for egg substitute and another for your pretzels.
- You will also need to coat a baking sheet with butter spray for the oven.
- Prep your pretzel coating by placing the whole bag of gluten free pretzels into a food processor, pulsing on low until the pretzels resemble breadcrumbs.
- Now you’re ready to coat your chicken!
- Dip your chicken tenders into the egg substitute then into the crushed pretzels.
- Make sure you get both sides covered before placing onto your baking sheet.
- Repeat until all tenders are coated and on the baking sheet.
- Place into over for 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Your chicken should be thoroughly cooked on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside! YUM.
Add ons: dip these in honey mustard for even more delicious flavor!