Gluten Free Granola Bars Recipe
These granola bars are perfect for your mornings, after a great workout and as an afternoon snack. I plan on making variations of this once a week to save money. They are hearty, made with real fruit and of course a kick of dark chocolate! This is also a very easy recipe for those just getting started in the kitchen 🙂
What you’ll need:
1/3 cup of agave
½ tsp of gluten free vanilla extract
1/2 cup of coconut flakes
1/2 cup of dried pomegranate
½ cup of dried blueberries
2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 cup of gluten free chocolate granola (I use Enjoy Life’s Double Chocolate Crunch)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup of Almond Milk
Baking dish (I used a brownie pan)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey in a large saucepan. With the heat on low, stir until the liquids are mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid mix on top of your dry ingredients and make sure it is completely covered and mix thoroughly (so that your granola bars will include all of the flavors).
- Then, lay the granola mix onto parchment paper in a baking dish. Spread it evenly with a spatula (like you would with rice krispie treats).
- Place the baking dish into the oven at *350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Let granola cool for 2-3 hours, then cut into bars.