Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is hands down my favorite meal. I was devastated when I had to give up gluten and no longer order this while dining out. My husband recently mentioned he was craving it, so I put myself to the challenge to create a gluten free chicken parmesan. The results were amazing!
What you’ll need:
Breaded Chicken Breast
1 lb of thinly sliced chicken breast
2/3 cup of liquid egg whites
1 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs
Coconut oil pan spray
½ cup of shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1 TBSP of parmesan cheese
½ cup of tapioca flour
½ of a yellow onion, chopped
2 14oz. cans of dice tomatoes
2 TBSP of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic
1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and let simmer on a low flame.
2. In 3 separate bowls, make an assembly line to prep the chicken: first the tapioca flour, then egg whites and breadcrumbs.
3. Spray a large skillet with coconut oil for the chicken and place it on medium heat.
4. Dip each chicken breast into each bowl and place the cutlets into the skillet.
5. Cook on each side until crispy and place into an oven-safe glass dish.
6. Repeat until all of the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
8. Remove your sauce from the low flame and pour over the chicken.
9. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top.
10. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
11. Serve warm with a side salad or gluten free pasta.