I’ve been freezing my produce and protein each week to save some money. It’s so useful to have frozen fruits and veggies at your own disposal when coming up with recipes when you’re short on time. This weekend I saw that I had all of the ingredients for a deliciously hearty gluten free chicken noodle soup. This soup is amazing, filling, and full of good for you veggies.
Chicken Breast Recipe
What you’ll need:
Crockpot or large soup pot
2 lean chicken breast
1 tbsp. of olive oil
1 tbsp. of adobo
1 tbsp. of garlic powder
1 tbsp. of basil
- Pour olive oil at the bottom of your pot and place chicken breast on top.
- In a small bowl, combine your seasonings and pour on both sides of your chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is super tender (think pulled-pork) remove it from the pot, cut it apart and place back into the crock pot to cook your soup.
What you’ll need:
3 chopped ripe tomatoes
1 cup of uncooked Kale
1/2 cup of chopped onions
1/2 cup of chopped celery
3 cups of uncooked gluten free pasta
4 1/2 cups of water
1 tsp. of adobo
1 tsp. of olive oil
1 tbsp. of black pepper
1 QT of chicken stock
- Place your chopped tomatoes; kale, onions and celery into your crock pot with the already cooked chicken (Mix it all in so that it resembles chicken salad).
- Pour chicken stock on top, add black pepper and mix again.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- A half hour before your soup is ready; you should prep your gluten free pasta.
- Stir your pasta into a pot with boiling water, olive oil and adobo.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on low. Once tender, remove from heat and stir into your soup (make sure you stir, or the pasta may stick to itself!)
- Let your soup cook for 15-20 more minutes and it will be ready to serve.