Grilled cheese experiments are one of my favorite guilty pleasures! I haven’t had a philly cheesesteak in a long time after going gluten free and this recipe nails it on the head! It’s gooey with REAL cheese (not whiz!) and packed with onions and peppers.
What you’ll need:
8 slices of gluten free bread
1 lb of skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of garlic and herb seasoning
1 tablespoon of chicken rub
4 slices of provolone cheese
4 slices of colby jack cheddar cheese
1. Season your chicken with garlic and herb seasoning and chicken rub.
2. Add olive oil to a large skillet and fry the chicken on low for 10 minutes on each side or until crispy.
3. Carefully chop your cooked chicken and then place to the side.
3. Next, chop your red onion and bell pepper.
4. Assemble your sandwich by adding a slice of colby jack cheddar to a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of onions and peppers.
6. Then, add a generous amount of chopped chicken and top it with a slice of provolone and a second piece of bread.
7. Cook in a panini maker until cheese is melted.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!