Pizza is my favorite food and this recipe just blew my taste buds out of the water! It’s cheesy, tangy and a little bit naughty. It’s the perfect dish for a Friday night outside with a drink in hand. I used a gluten free pizza crust mix, sizzled chicken in a skillet and topped the pizza with a tangy barbecue sauce and fresh herbs.
What you’ll need:
1 gluten free pizza crust mix (or frozen to save time)
1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
6 oz. of skinless chicken breasts, sliced
A pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon of onion and herb seasoning
1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
1/8 of a red onion, diced
A handful of cilantro
1/3 cup of shredded pizza cheese
1/3 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Follow box directions to make your pizza crust from scratch if not frozen and begin making your toppings while the crust bakes.
3. Place your chicken breast into a large mixing bowl and coat with black pepper, onion and herb seasoning and cajun spices.
4. Next, pour olive oil into a large skillet on medium heat and add your chicken.
5. Cook on both sides for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Then, carefully remove from heat and cut into thick slices.
6. Start assembling your pizza on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add a thick layer of barbecue sauce on top of the crust.
7. Then add your chicken slices, chopped onions and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
8. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completed melted.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!