This decadent breakfast is an ode to my favorite dessert which my dad introduced to me years ago. I woke up this morning craving it and was happy to see I had all of the ingredients to come up with a version of my own. I find this dish to be so rich, that its better to share. However, if you’re up for a little indulgence, I believe that you should absolutely #treatyoself.
What you’ll need:
3 Gluten Free Waffles
2 Ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
Coconut Oil Nonstick Spray
A Skillet or a wok
4 tbsp light brown sugar
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of agave extract
1 tsp of rum extract (or vanilla extract)
1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- Spray your skillet with coconut oil spray, then, add all ingredients except for the yogurt.
- Place the skillet on low heat. As the brown sugar begins to melt, use a spatula to mix the ingredients and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While your bananas are cooking, toast your gluten free waffles to a good crisp.
- Once the waffles are toasted, you can start assembling your stack.
- Remove the bananas from heat and pour a layer of the caramel-like sauce on top of each waffle.
- Finish the stack with the remaining sauce and top with a dollop of yogurt.