Gluten Free Apple and Banana Bread French Toast Recipe
Fall is by far my favorite season, but this french toast is perfect for any morning! I’m so happy to dive back into creating recipes and have some great ideas coming soon! Today’s recipe is for a delicious and hearty recipe for a fall brunch.
What you’ll need:
1 package of Bob’s Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Mix
1 ¾ cups of water
¼ cup of oil
1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
1 ripe banana
2 granny smith apples
French Toast coating:
½ cup of liquid egg whites
¼ cup of water
1 5.3oz of vanilla greek yogurt
½ tsp of vanilla extra
½ tsp of nutmeg
¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Follow Bob’s Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Mix instructions for baking your bread with just one addition: chopped apples and banana for more fall flavors.
- Slice 4 thick slices of bread for this recipe.
- Prep a large skillet with PAM spray and set aside.
- Combine egg whites, water and Greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl. If you find that your mixture is too thick, add more water to make it more of a milky texture. Then, add vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture covering both sides and then placing into your skillet. Cook on low for 5-7 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Serve with butter, powdered sugar, sliced fruit or syrup!