I have been wanting to make a shrimp and polenta dish for awhile now and a rainy day was the perfect motivation. The warming spices and hearty taste of this dish will keep you satisfied on any chilly day.
What you’ll need:
1 2 lb. bag of cooked shrimp
6 spicy sausage links
2 cups of baby spinach
2 cups of polenta
1/2 cup of almond milk
3 cups of water
1/4 cup of diced a yellow onion
1/4 cup of diced green onion
1 tbsp of lemon pepper
1 tsp of turmeric
1 1/2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp of curry powder
1. Remove the casing from your sausage and slice each link into 6 pieces.
3. Add olive oil to a large wok or skillet and put on medium heat.
4. Cook sausage and onions for 15-20 minutes and let the juices create its own sauce.
5. After the sausage is cooked completely, mix in thawed shrimp, baby spinach and your spices to simmer and cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat.
6. Turn up heat to high and bring the shrimp and sausage to a slight crisp for 2-5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and place to the side.
7. In a medium saucepan, boil water with a pinch of salt.
8. Slowly pour in polenta, stirring constantly and then add your milk.
9. Let cook for another 2-5 minutes until the consistency is smooth.
10. Plate your polenta first and top with sausage and shrimp.
11. Serve warm and enjoy!