I’m trying to incorporate more greens into our every day meals and made this salad in a pinch. I had finished my work day and was ready to start dinner, but my 6-month-old son had other plans. This salad is perfect on its own with your favorite dressing or as a side to any protein.
What you’ll need:
1 bunch of kale
1/2 bunch of shallots
1/4 cup of fresh cranberries (or dried cranberries)
1 cup of brussels sprouts
- Grab a large salad bowl.
- Add your kale to the bowl and simply slice off the leaves, leaving the stem and chopping into large peices.
- Take your brussels sprouts and chop off the ends then chop finely or use a food processor.
- Sprinkle the brussels sprouts shavings on top of the kale.
- Finely chop your shallots and throw that into the bowl.
- Then, halve your fresh cranberries and add them to the salad.
- Take your carrots and shave them down on top of your salad.
- Then, garnish with lemon zest.