I picked up a great selection of vegetables this weekend and really wanted to make a hearty Sunday dinner. Enter, this dish. It has your protein and greens paired with a delicious creamy polenta. This meal will carry on through the winter in my opinion.
What you’ll need:
1 lb of chicken breast
Perfect Pinch – Tuscan Blend Spice
Fresh Thyme (6 small stalks)
1 Cup of Polenta
3 Cups Water
1 Tbsp of butter
1/4 Cup of almond milk
Coconut Oil Spray
1 tsp of black pepper
4 Radish bulbs finely sliced
1 Carrot finely sliced
3 Cups of kale
- Season both sides of your chicken breast with the Tuscan blend spice (the more the better).
- Lay the chicken in rows within your crock pot and place your thyme on top and in between.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Keep your chicken on the warm setting when it’s fully cooked and prepare the rest of the meal.
- Spray coconut oil in a large skillet and place on low heat.
- Add your kale, carrots and radishes with a pinch of salt.
- Let them cook down for 10 minutes as your prepare your polenta.
- For the polenta, bring 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in 1 cup of polenta, black pepper, 1 tsp of Tuscan blend spice, butter and almond milk.
- Cook on low for 2-3 minutes, constantly stirring and then remove from heat
- Then, remove your veggies from heat and prepare to plate your dish.
- First, ladle your polenta onto the plate in a large circle.
- Place the sauteed kale on top of the polenta and then add your chicken.
- Add carrots and radish as garnish on the side.
- I poured a few drops of balsamic vinaigrette over the dish for extra flavor.