Crockpot Chunky Apple Sauce Recipe
I could live off of applesauce so I really enjoy making a homemade version for myself and for holiday gifts. This recipe should make about 2 quarts of chunky applesauce. If you like apple butter, I usually take this and blend in a food processor to spread on toast.
What you’ll need:
1 Dozen apples (I like to use a mix of granny smith, gala and red delicious)
¼ cup of Truvia baking blend
¼ cup of brown sugar
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of all spice
½ tsp of vanilla
½ tsp of nutmeg
- Peel, core and cube your apples and then place them into a crock pot and then, pour all of your spices and sugar on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. As the apples become soft, use a potato masher to break them up and stir the flavors every two hours.
- If you like a smoother applesauce, blend the applesauce in a food processor or blender.
- Just be sure to wait until after its cooled, as the applesauce will be very hot!
- Enjoy as a side dish or include in your next baked dish!