Every week I visit the farmer’s market to challenge myself as a cook. This week did not disappoint. This dessert is an incredible combination of both savory and sweet.
What you’ll need:
2 Pears (Halved)
Coconut Oil Spray
1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves
2 tsp of brown sugar
1/4 cup of pistachio nuts
6 oz. of vanilla Greek yogurt
- Spray a large skillet lightly with coconut oil and add medium heat.
- Place your pears face down and sear for 5-10 minutes, then add brown sugar and let it melt around the pears.
- Once melted, place the heat on low and move the pears on top of the brown sugar for extra browning. Add the pistachios and let simmer with the lid on top as you prep your yogurt.
- Finely chop your basil leaves (I used a food processor) and fold into your yogurt
- Then, plate your yogurt in a nice circle for serving.
- When your pears are fully cooked (they will be nice and soft), remove from heat and place in the middle of the yogurt.
- Add the caramelized sauce and pistachios on top.
- Drizzle with honey and serve warm.