My dad makes the best chicken wings I’ve ever tasted. This recipe is just one version of the way he makes his baked wings. They are sweet and spicy and the meat falls off the bones. I’ve made these for super bowl parties and barbecues in the past. Feel free to add more hot sauce if you like your wings spicier and let me know how it goes!
What you’ll need:
2 3-pound bags of frozen chicken wings
1 box of dark brown sugar
1 bottle of hot sauce
2 tablespoons of nutmeg
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoons of ginger
1 tablespoon of allspice
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the frozen chicken wings into your baking dish (or aluminum pan) and pour all of the spices (nutmeg, curry, chili, ginger, allspice, garlic) evenly over the chicken.
- Pour the hot sauce evenly over the chicken wings and then crumble the brown sugar on top; this will create a caramel-like glaze on the chicken as it cooks.
- Place the dish into the oven for at least an hour, turning the chicken ever half-hour until crispy and covered in the glaze.
- Serve warm and with a side of dipping sauce.