I will start this post with admitting that I am not a fan of carrots at all, but am trying to open my palette to new adventures. I usually leave carrots mashed at the bottom of my meals, but decided to give them another try by adding some other flavors that I am already a fan of. The addition of apples, sweet potatoes and warming spices make this soup an easy cool-weather dinner staple.
What you’ll need:
Large soup pot
1 lb of carrots
1/4 of a yellow onion
2 green apples
32 oz. of vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 1/2 tsp of paprika
1 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp of ginger
1/2 tsp of allspice
2 tbsp of almond milk
Red pepper flakes
- Place olive oil into your soup pan and cook your diced yellow onion on low for a few minutes while you prep the next ingredients.
- Chop your carrots, yams and apples and add them into the pan with all of your vegetal stock.
- Let your soup cook on low for 20-25 minutes.
- Then, remove it from heat and prep it for blending. I poured my soup into a heat-tolerant pitcher and blended the soup in small batches.
- You’ll add the blended soup back into your soup pan when it’s all ready.
- Then, mix in all of your spices, almond milk and add in sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve warm with red pepper flakes or a dollop of yogurt for garnish.