Almond Toasted Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
I LOVE this dessert! I wanted to try something exotic for my Hawaii inspired dessert dish and came up with a gluten free take on fried ice cream. Its sweet, crunchy, and oh so flavorful! Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
½ cup of gluten free breadcrumbs
½ cup of crushed almonds
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 egg (or 3 tbsp of egg whites)1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of soymilk (I use SILK vanilla)
Canola oil for frying
- Prep a shallow glass container to freeze ice cream.
- Scoop out four-½ cup sized balls of ice cream and place on the glass container and into the freezer for one hour.
- Prep breadcrumbs and crushed almonds in a small mixing bowl.
- Take out the ice cream from you freezer and quickly roll them in the breadcrumbs and almonds mix. Place them back into the freezer for another hour.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk cinnamon, egg, vanilla extract and soymilk.
- Remove the now covered ice cream balls and dip into the milk mixture, then roll again in the breadcrumbs (to make sure they are fully covered)
- Freeze again for two hours.
- When you’re ready, prep a fryer or deep pot with canola oil and heat up to 400 degrees
- Using a large ladle, dip the ice cream balls into the oil and fry for only 30 seconds then place on a plate to serve warm!
Add ons: Diced fruit and honey for a delicious topping!